Friday, July 13, 2007

Jamie Wolff



I wish that I could have made it to the reunion but I was busy with work in Hong Kong at the time.

As an update on what I have been up to, since I really haven't kept in contact with anybody, I went to the Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD after graduation. I did 2 years there then went on a mission to Argentina. I returned to the Academy and graduated with a BS in Naval Architecture and minor in Spanish. After graduation I went to Spain to continue studying and also helped redesign a US Navy ship class. I met my wife, Allison at the Academy and we have been married since the fall of 2003.

Allison was also, until recently, in the Navy as first a pilot then an Intelligence Officer. Now she will shortly be starting work with the FBI. She loves to have fun as seen by the photo above from New Years in Key West, FL. We don’t have any kids yet and really don’t plan on it, but we do have two wonderful boxers that we spoil like children.

I started out in the Navy on a ship out of Jacksonville, FL and spent most of my time chasing drug smugglers in South and Central America. I then moved up to Charleston, SC and studied to become a Nuclear Engineer. After 2 very hard years there, I moved out to Sasebo, Japan and I am the Operations Officer of a ship here. I just got back from several months touring SouthEast Asia and will be going back shortly. I also decided that I haven’t had enough schooling so I am working on more graduate education this time from Auburn in the Industrial and Systems Engineering program.

If anybody is ever over in this part of the world for the next 2 years send me an e-mail and maybe we will get a chance to meet up someplace.

Jameswolff01@yahoo.com or wolffj@mcm7.navy.mil

7 comments:

Pants said...

Jamie--are you really in Auburn Alabama? I just left there, and I LOVED it.

Taggart said...

Hey Jamie. Fond memories with you in calculus class. You always cracked me up.
Great to hear about Annapolis. Very impressive.
I spent some time on the USS Peleliu doing helo-ops. Ships are fun for a bit, but get very boring (at least for Marines). I'm sure it's much different as an operations officer.
I also did a stint at Mt. Fuji, Japan. Isn't Japan great? I loved it there. Are you a lifer or do you have other plans? Good to hear from you.
-Tag Giles

jameswolff said...

Martha,
I am not in Auburn. I am doing the work through the distance program then will go back for testing and such. I have been there before though and liked the area. Actually I was in Fort Benning but close enough.

jameswolff said...

Tag,
I would imagine life on a ship could be boring for a Marine, but generally I am so busy that I might get 4-5 hours of sleep a day. Japan is great so far. I really haven't been many places North of Kyushu Island yet, but I have gone to Iwaguni, Okinawa and all over this island. I do more traveling in other countries. I do have a planning conference in a week and plan on climbing Mt. Fuji while I am there.

I have no plans on making SWO a lifelong commitment. I might transfer to Intelligence or just get out. Now that my wife is going into the FBI there aren't too many opportunities for both Navy and FBI to be together.

It is pretty cool to read everbody's updates though.

Jessica said...

Hi Jamie,
Sounds like you have been busy! It's fun to hear what you've been up to.

Brooke D said...

GE has been pretty good to my husband. THey are such a broad industry, there are so many different avenue to choose from and with your experiences you'd be great at whatevery you decide to do. Two boys are deffinately a handful. I live in a house full of testosterone. It's taught me to be pretty thick skinned.
DC is a nice area. We live in Northern VA for a while. The traffic is not worth it. plus it costs three times as much to buy a home as it does 100 miles south of the area. Good luck.....

Brandon B said...

Jamie,
What's up stud. Good to hear from you. Sounds like you've been doing some really sweet stuff that I know nothing about. Are you involved with wrestling at all. How's your dad and Tim?